Sunday, February 14, 2021

The Light of Christ can SHINE Through ALL!

 

Thoughts of Valentine's Day and what it has BECOME for me personally!
Through...a bit of art...

Today is a beautiful holiday. 
When I was younger, before I met my wonderful husband I thought this was the worst holiday ever. 
A bit dramatic, but I know many people also feel this way. 
It was not until John taught me that today was another chance for me to find the love that God has for me! 
Christ has such a pure, simple, and wonderful love for each one of us. 
This love is charity. The love that can never get lost, because His arms are ALWAYS outstretched towards me; towards you! Although His love and arms are outstretched towards us does not always mean that we can allow that love to reach our hearts.
This simple, quick sketch portrays just that.
We MUST give Him our hearts, through a broken heart and a contrite spirit. It is only when we are broken, and CAN recognize that we are such that the LIGHT within can shine. This light of Christ then can change us in ways we could never before imagine! Through different moments in life we ALL at least once feel broken.
The sketch shows the light of the tree of life. 
Christ gives the light and life to the world!
The fruit also is representative of apples, which have a hart-like shape to them...portraying LOVE!!!
The face of the girl is turning TOWARDS the light... she is not already there, slightly in shadow. 
Important because though we try so hard...there is still room for us to turn to HIM. 
There is still more light and more knowledge that we can learn of from Jesus Christ.
Her hand is then outstretched towards the tree, the fruit, and the Light, 
giving a token--a key to her heart. 
We must act. 
We must give up something we cherish in order to receive MORE light and knowledge. 
We must GIVE our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ the "key" to our hearts...
not just once...
probably many, many times throughout life.
Below are the words to the poem written in 1784 that inspired the sketch:

Jesus Christ The Apple Tree

"The tree of life my soul hath seen,
Laden with fruit, and always green:
The trees of nature fruitless be
Compared with Christ the apple tree.

His beauty doth all things excel:
By faith I know, but ne'er can tell
The glory which I now can see
In Jesus Christ the apple tree.

For happiness I long have sought,
And pleasure dearly I have bought:
I missed of all; but now I see
'Tis found in Christ the apple tree.

I'm weary with my former toil,
Here I will sit and rest awhile:
Under the shadow I will be
of Jesus Christ the apple tree.

This fruit doth make my soul to thrive,
It keeps my dying faith alive;
Which makes my soul in haste to be
With Jesus Christ the apple tree."






No comments: