Friday, January 23, 2015

Learning How To Live A Better Story

So, I am not the type of person you would call an avid reader.
 I mean I love reading but I don't always get a lot of time to read, so the only books I read are books for school. (Most of the time) Which is just grand because my school books are AMAZING!
 Like in one of my classes I am reading, A Million Miles In A Thousand Years--By Donald Miller. I've only been reading this book has opened my eyes to realize how I can change my life story and live my life on purpose. 
When you write a book there are certain things that make a characters story meaningful, such as conflict, change, courage, and overcoming. (there's a lot more...but we'll stick with those for now) As the author you get to write your characters story intentionally. You know where he's going to start in his story, how he is going to change, and how he eventually becomes the character you imagined for the end of your story. That character has got a pretty good life ahead of him, he's destined to succeed. 
Now, what if I told you that you are the author of your own story. 
You've probably seen that quote somewhere, or heard it by someone.... but if you really think about it it's true. We all have the potential to live a spectacular story. We just have to create our story and live it intentionally.
"...I have a hope, it's that God sat over the dark nothing and wrote you and me, specifically, into the story and put us in with the sunset and the rainstorm as though to say, Enjoy your place in my story. The beauty of it means you matter, and you can create within it even as I have created you." -Pg. 59
As God created us we have the potential to create our life story. Stories are not easy. Every book I've read has the character go through conflict, frustration and fear. If a book didn't have those elements it would be worth reading. Just like in a book our life story can't be easy, we have to face fears, conflicts, and frustration. Most the time we don't want to be characters in a story because that means we have to act as an agent, not as an object. We have to DO something.
We can be unwilling victims, or grateful participants.
One thing that makes our story unique is we don't have to face challenges and conflicts alone.
  "We are not and never need be ALONE we can press forward in our daily lives with heavenly help." -David A. Bednar
Tap on image for more inspiring quotes! Doctor who quote The Big Bang We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one. - @mobile9
 "We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one." -The Doctor
You are the author of your story. 
Live your life on Purpose.
 Intentionally make the choices to make your story meaningful. 
and...Remember. 
You Are Not Alone
Keep Being YOU!

No comments: