Monday, July 20, 2015

A D V E N T U R E ! !

Just to let you know. This post may not make any sense, but I will try my best to write what my heart is feeling.
A couple weeks ago I was able to go on an ADVENTURE!
It was amazing. I saw things I had never seen. I met people I had never met. & I grew to love my family.
I went to California.
This place makes my heart HAPPY!

My mom's side of the family pretty much lives in California, and I hadn't seen any of my Aunts, Uncles, or cousins for about 5 years. 
So I was SUPER excited!
I had made up my mind that I was going to gain something from this Adventure.
and I did.
I got to see Street Artists in San Francisco.
Trolley cars, and Sea Lions.
Red Wood forests, Sand Dollars...
&
my family.
One of the most precious moments of that adventure was the third day. I have this cousin who is seven, October and she is the cutest little girl EVER! We all went to get ice cream and ate it on a dock, October is allergic to milk and so she was feeling really sick. I picked her up, made her smile and tried to make her feel better. She looked at me with her huge eyes and said, "You are the nicest person, and have the prettiest smile."
I wasn't expecting her to say anything like that to me, before I could say anything she said, "My mom says that when you're feeling bad about your body you shouldn't think that you're incapable, but you should compliment yourself. Be grateful for everything you can do!" I had no idea what to say so I smiled and I saw... she had a bright, and most beautiful spirit. When she was in pain she didn't feel sorry for herself for long, her mom had taught her to become grateful in every circumstance. I never could have imagined that a little seven year old could have such a beautiful impact on my life!
That was a small moment in my adventure that I will never forget. 

You there,
The one reading this now
I want you to DO something
S M I L E
smile because you're beautiful
because you're unique
because you can
because tomorrow is a new day
because no matter what you think,
someone loves you.
Smile because you deserve to. 

I know that everything we go through in this life gives us knowledge, gives us an opportunity to know that our Heavenly Father is there, watching over us & reaching His hand out to us. I know that bad days don't last...especially if we look beyond our life, our troubles and serve people around us. I also know that we are ALL beloved sons & daughters of God; our lives have meaning, purpose, and direction! As we let God guide our lives, we allow ourselves to B E C O M E who we are meant to be. 
Life is a challenge.
But I promise you that there are angels all around us; angels like my little cousin giving L I G H T!!
Hold on.
Live life on purpose.
&
Know that you ARE loved.

( This is the link to my adventure in pictures )

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thanks Briar! This truly made a not very good day much better! Thank you for always being such an amazing example to everyone around you! Keep up the good work!