Friday, August 19, 2016

Where Do I Stand?

My friend wrote this free verse poem just before she left on her mission to Calgary, Canada.
In everyday life, where do we stand?
Do you stand against the winds of life, firmly rooted?
These were the questions I asked myself after reading this poem. :) Anyways...enjoy!
-----
The beautiful trees in the mountains stand tall, strong, magnificent; yet they have no mouths to glorify God. 
The rocks and the rivers, the bubbling streams...the sound is peaceful and soft like music. 
Is this the song of praise? 
Do even the birds, the bugs, the mountains pointing heavenward, do they sing to God? 
The trees' roots reach down, grounded to earth. 
Their branches extend out and up to God. 
And yet I do not. 
My preoccupied mind does not stop to consider the majesty of God. 
That hand that constantly supports my very breath. 
I have a mouth to speak, but what do I say? 
I have legs to dance for the praise of God, but where do I walk? 
I have hands to serve and bless every life, but what do I touch? 

The sound of the rushing waters, the whistling wind. 
All speak of God, and so will I. 
My ears will hear; my voice will sing His praise.
 I will dance in His name. 
My eye will reflect His light. 
My very soul will be His to keep. 
Abide with me forever Lord. 
(By Ambria Boylan)

No comments: