Sunday, June 11, 2017

Relying on a SURE foundation!!!

"My young friends, the world will not glide calmly toward the Second Coming of the Savior." Neil L. Anderson April 2014 conference.
I love this simple truth! It is SO true... the world is not ideal, nor will it ever be... there must needs be opposition in ALL things!! That is the glorious news of the gospel!!! "And now, my sons [and daughters], remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." Helaman 5:12
Lately I've realized that there is a decision making time in our lives... as young adults, going to college, or moving away from home there are many decisions that have to be made! Do you realize that we are to decide upon life changing events at a time when we have no, or very little life experience?! To me that is crazy!!! A lot of the time I think that I'm too young and inexperienced. .. I'm just little, I can't do nothin'! But the beauty of being young, with very little experience is the fact that I have the opportunity to rely more FULLY on the Savior!!! To me that is so beautiful!!!! He knows us better than we know ourselves, and He can and will be there to aid and guide us...only if we look to him; reach out to him, and take His arm...it is ALWAYS outstretched!!! We just have to put forth the effort. This gospel and the TRUTH and LIGHT that it brings is BEAUTIFUL beyond all description... and I am in with both feet!!!

No comments: